Tuesday, November 13, 2012

morning epiphany

The Holiday is one of my favorite movies. However, there are more than one scene that kind of irks me. One of the most annoying is towards the end of the movie when Cameron Diaz is going back to Jude Law after saying goodbye and decides to hop out of the car and run because it was moving slow in the snow. I always just want to yell at her "It's faster if you would just stay in the car!"
This morning was a typical morning, dropping Conner off at school, class, etc. On days like this I make myself a cup of coffee to go to get through my 8:00 class. Unfortunately, I forgot my coffee on the counter today. Luckily, I noticed at Conner's school at not at my own. Driving back towards my school I have to pass the road my house is off of so I figured I would stop by and pick up that precious cup of coffee. Going down my road I have 7 set of speed bumps and 5 pot holes that I have to get around, and the delay to my coffee was agonizing! And for the first time ever... I understood the way Cameron Diaz felt! I wanted to get out of my car and run home so the obstacles would not delay me. Is coffee equivalent to Jude Law? Of course not in looks. However, in this time of my life it's probably pretty close in importance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment