Monday, October 10, 2011

Valuable


As a single Christian woman I constantly hear that I am to be pursued, I am to be valued, I am to be treated as a daughter of the King. It’s something that I understood, I knew, in my mind, I got it. I am an adopted daughter of the most high God and as such need to be treated like it. However, I have learned that knowing something with your head and truly believing it in your heart is two totally different things.
This month God revealed this truth to my heart and helped me push past the superficial knowledge into accepting that I am valuable. He has been relentlessly pursuing me.
For the last 3 years I have not dated. This has been no accident. I prayed to God that he would protect me from myself and not allow me to get into anymore fruitless relationships. I needed time to heal and to grow after a relationship that completely turned me upside down. And God has honored that prayer by preventing anyone from pursuing me during this time.
I tend to gravitate towards guys with great personalities, but they stink when it comes to pursuing and valuing me as a child of God.  I always would make it really easy for them because I thought that I did not deserve anything more. I would go out of my way to make them comfortable so they wouldn’t realize that I wasn’t worth the work. This pattern has now been broken.
Recently, God has been relentlessly pursuing me. What a beautiful contrast between what God is doing and what others have failed to do in order to help me begin to realize in my heart what I had heard my entire life. God was showing me through his example of what I need to look for in a man. Anything less is not what God would desire for me, because Christ Jesus has made me valuable despite my past, my insecurities, and my faults!

“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” – Galatians 2:20

“For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.” – 1 Corinthians 6:20

“Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.” – Ephesians 5:1-2

“See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.” – 1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment