Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mid 20 Something

It's official... I'm in my mid 20s... yep 24-years-old. I'm not gonna lie, it does feel a little different. There's no more young early 20s excuse for fun. It's like real life is real now.

I didn't like my last post so that's why I haven't written in a while. That doesn't make much sense I know but I didn't know what to say next, so my birthday has provided the perfect opportunity to write something a little more interesting. Sometimes the monotony of papers, vignettes, reading, keeps me from thinking up anything exciting to say. 

I had a pretty great birthday. It didn't start off so well. Conner wasn't sleeping so that meant I didn't get to sleep which was kind of frustrating, but it got better. I had class so that wasn't wonderful either, but it was my last class before spring break so there was a certain feeling of freedom in that. It's amazing how relaxing it is to not have an assignment immediately hanging over my head! 

After class I went out with my friends Katie and Kristy and we had so much fun. I can't really tell the details of what went on but it could have something to do with salsa (and I don't mean the dip!), two-steps, and karaoke. I did a lot of things I wouldn't of been caught dead doing 10 years ago. I think I've become more brave over the years. 

Then the next day we went to the zoo with my mom and Patty, Isaiah, and Katen. Followed by a 3 hour nap! That was wonderful! For dinner I went to the Mellow Mushroom with a few people from CIU and we had so much fun just hanging out and talking. It's amazing how relaxing it is to just be able to talk and laugh about stuff without school pressures. 

Katie made a delicious chocolate cake with strawberries and chocolate chips. I failed to take a picture of it but it was gorgeous and so good! Then we headed to Katie's apartment to watch a movie and ended up just laying on the floor laughing and talking for a few hours. 

Needless to say I had a wonderful birthday just being able to hang out with friends! It's so nice to be able to do that... I've missed having that opportunity. It's been too long. 

And a shout out to my mom for coming to Columbia and hanging out with Conner so I could go out and have fun without him for a few nights! I'm so thankful for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment