Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Community

What I've discovered in my time here at CIU so far is the importance of community. I always heard people talk about community all the time like it was a big deal but I never really got it until now. I've never been the most social person in the world, and when I have been it's not been the most positive experiences. I am realizing now though how important it is as a Christian to share life with other Christians. Not just in a lets do dinner once a week type of thing, but being honest and truly pouring yourself out into the relationship. It's no secret that my spiritual walk has had it's ups and downs, but I think I've discovered the cure that provides consistency.
So how am I fleshing it out this semester? Well I'm in two Bible studies, and they're great, but the greatest part is getting to better know the people in them. Hanging out with them on a regular basis so that it's more than just a forced small group but a building of relationships. Balancing this with all the added work of this semester isn't easy, but I've discovered that it may be just as important, if not more so, for my development as a counselor to be plugged into other people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment